Let’s Talk Fees!
Example Fees that May Be Impacted by Consultations
Below are examples of some of the fees that may change in the future based on the feedback you provide. This isn’t an exhaustive list, and Parks Canada will communicate any future changes to fees resulting from these consultations prior to any adjustments being made. Any changes resulting from this public engagement would be implemented starting in 2021.
Optional guided tours and programs that offer a level of service beyond what is typically included with admission. These experiences include school programs, culinary experiences, private tours, seasonal programs, historic weapons programs, custom programs and more.
- Riding Mountain National Park, Heritage Presentation Special Programs, Guided Car Tours, Theatre Programs, Townsite Tours, Adventure Hikes, Per Person: $3.90
- Manoir Papineau National Historic Site, Heritage Presentation Special Programs, Special Program, Per person: $7.30
Site and Facility Use
Facilities and support to host a special activity at a Parks Canada place.
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Facility Rental, Shelter/Grounds (per 4 hours): $50.00
- HMCS Haida National Historic Site, Site And Facility Use, Optional Support Services, Janitorial Services: $49.00
- The Forks National Historic Site, Site And Facility Use, Damage Administration Fee (Per Occurrence): $50.00
- Radium Hot Springs, Pool Rental, Per Hour (before or after regular hours of operation only), Hot Pool, 1 to 60 persons (each additional person 3.95): $269.80
Backcountry Trail Use
Wilderness trail usage at remote Parks Canada locations. Does not typically include services and amenities available at day use areas. Backcountry trail use often involves additional costs related to visitor safety.
- Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site, Hiking, Canadian Only Trip Permit, Adult: $34.30
- Northern Park Backcountry Excursion, Per Person, Daily: $24.50
- Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, Backcountry Use and Camping, West Coast Trail, Per Trip, per person: $127.50
Access to a Parks Canada boat launching facilities, including ramps and docks.
- Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site, Boat Launching, Burleigh Falls, Per Day: $9.80
- Thousand Islands National Park, Boat Launching, Per Season: $98.10
Permission to fish recreationally in waters managed by Parks Canada. May be issued subject to local fish management priorities.
- Nahanni National Park Reserve, Fishing, Per Permit, Daily: $9.80
- Terra Nova National Park, Fishing, Per Permit, Annual: $34.30
Green fees at golf courses managed by Parks Canada. Currently offered only at Fundy National Park.
- Fundy National Park, Golf, Various, 9 Holes: $18.60
- Fundy National Park, Golf, Seasonal, Adult: $456.30
Permission to park a vehicle at parking lots managed by Parks Canada.
- Rideau Canal National Historic Site, Parking, Hartwells, Per Hour: $1.00
- Fort George National Historic Site, Parking, Daily, Per Vehicle: $5.90
Use of pool facilities managed by Parks Canada.
- Gros Morne National Park, Entry, Swimming Pool, Adult: $3.00
- Miette Hot Springs, Pool Admission, Various, Adult: $7.05
Visitor transit within a Parks Canada location.
- Batoche National Historic Site, Shuttle Service, Per Person: $2.40
- Yoho National Park, Public Transit, To Lake O'Hara Area and Return, Adult: $14.70
Winter trail use
Winter trail access at Parks Canada locations for snow-shoeing or cross country skiing.
- La Mauricie National Park, Snowshoeing, Daily, Senior: $6.80
- Kouchibouguac National Park, Cross-country skiing/Trail use, Seasonal, Adult: $39.20
Firewood and fire permits
Firewood for use at Parks Canada campgrounds and day use areas, as well as fire permits that include firewood as part of the permit.
- Prince Edward Island National Park, Firewood, Per Bundle: $6.80
- Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve, Firewood, Per Permit, per night: $8.80
Permit to dive in waters managed by Parks Canada.
- Saguenay—St. Lawrence Marine Park, Underwater Diving, Per Diver, Per Day: $11.70
- Fathom Five National Marine Park, Diver Registration, Per Diver, Annual: $19.60
Utility Hook-Up and Boat Storage
Access to a power source, as well as boat storage provided by Parks Canada.
- Lachine Canal National Historic Site, Electric Power Hookup, Per Vessel, for A 24-Hour Period - Atwater Market Wharves: $9.80
- Rideau Canal National Historic Site, Winter a Vessel in a Canal, Per Metre: $80.40
Fees for the rental of Parks Canada equipment.
- Jasper National Park, Audio-Visual Equipment: $21.00
- Banff Upper Hot Springs, Rentals, Towels: $1.90